Alpine Trekking Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions will be repeated for online or direct bookings.
The following conditions apply to all Alpine Trekking trips* booked after 01 April 2016. Please read thoroughly.
1. All participants on Alpine Guides Alpine Trekking programs must be as honest and transparent as possible about outdoor
experience and fitness prior to booking. Information provided for each Alpine Guides program details a minimum level of
experience required. if the participant(s) fails to meet minimum experience/fitness requirements alternate objectives will be arranged. In a group situation, if a participant’s lack of fitness/ability severely affects the running of the trip Alpine Guides reserves the right to modify the trip/itinerary. Arrangements may be made to evacuate the participant(s) at their own cost. The guide is the final arbiter of this decision.
2. Bookings will be confirmed on receipt of full payment of the trip cost and a completed booking form.
3. Bookings for Alpine Trekking programs must be made for specific dates. The period of time booked is the period that must be paid
for, regardless of weather and/or other circumstances that may alter the itinerary. For example, if your booking is for 4th to 6th
January inclusive, the guide fee applicable is 3 days.
4. Alpine Guides receives the right to modify itineraries, accommodation or transportation if necessary, due to
circumstances beyond our control including weather, snow conditions, or client ability/fitness.
A. No refunds are due for trips voluntarily reduced in length, except in exceptional circumstances. If weather and/or conditions require the trip itinerary to be modified no refund is due. Some trip costs may be returned if they have not been incurred.
B. No refunds are due for leaving the trip for medical or fitness reasons. We recommend travel insurance to cover this contingency.
C. There is no refund due for customers who do not show.
Alpine Guides strongly recommends travel insurance, to cover against cancellation and potential loss of payment/deposits. We
accept no responsibility for illness or personal accidents, or evacuation costs if necessary. Accident Compensation may cover some
accidents, but not illness.
For cancellations received prior to commencement of your Alpine Trekking trip, the following conditions apply:
A. Cancellation received 14 days or less prior to commencement: no refund will be made.
B. Cancellation received within 15 - 31 days prior to commencement: a full refund of fees paid, less a cancellation fee of 50% of the fee per person.
C. Cancellation received 32 or more days prior to commencement: a full refund of fees paid, less a cancellation fee of 25% of the fee per person.
D. There is no charge for reducing guest numbers where rates are based on a fixed rate per-person.
7. If a trip is severely affected by weather, a credit may be allowed on a future trip, at Alpine Guides discretion. No refund will be
8. Prices are subject to change without notice.
9. Whilst we try to honour requests for specific guides, we provide no guarantee that guide will be able to run your trip, if through
injury, pressure of bookings, or other circumstances beyond our control they are not available. An alternative guide will be provided
and we will advise in advance of the trip starting. It is not possible to cancel a trip if your guide of choice is unavailable.
* Trip = any Alpine Guides organised Alpine Trekking activity.