Climb the peaks close to Mt Cook Village with Alpine Guides' "Local Heroes" guided mountaineering package. Little or no climbing experience is required. Come on your own, or bring a friend and spend 5 days reaching new heights in New Zealand's best alpine playground...
Big peaks for a limited time investment
Local Heroes is a 5 or 6 day guiding package, with several mountain objectives, for one or 2 participants per guide.
A range of technical difficulties provide challenges for beginner, through to intermediate level mountaineers.
Peaks Can Include:
- Mount Sealy 2,627 metres
- The Footstool 2,764 metres
- Mount Wakefield (via 'guides' route) 2,058 metres
- The Nuns Veil 2,749 metres
- Mount Edgar Thompson 2,379 metres
Guilt free, walk-in and out package
With all mountain travel on foot the trip cost is kept to a minimum - plus there's no guilt about generating unnecessary CO2 - just what you exhale!
Local Heroes Highlights
- No long distance travel involved
- No technical climbing experience needed
- Great if you have limited time available for climbing
- Flexible objectives mean we can work around weather and conditions
- High level of fitness
- Trekking/tramping experience