Alpine Guides Private Instruction package offers tailored group mountaineering instruction, ski mountaineering, and mountain guiding. We can look after your group of friends, or professional team needing a specialised alpine training program.
Guiding or "Instruction" - it's your trip
The Private Instruction package is your trip, and we tailor the program, and objectives to suit your experience, and aspirations. It is ideal for a group of friends on a mission, and suits a small team where ability levels may vary.
For example during summer we can arrange a private course similar to our Technical Mountaineering Course (TMC) or Technical Alpine Rock course.
During winter the PI program is perfect for alpinists who want to develop leading skills on ice and mixed routes, or use it for an introduction to Ski Mountaineering (or on snowboards/split boards)
We look after people of all backgrounds - from high school students to hardcore military teams, and clubs training for himalayan objectives.
Dates and duration to suit
Apart from tailoring the trip to your background and aspirations, the other advantage of the PI is that we will work around your travel plans, to set a start date and duration. The first step in booking is to talk to us about your goals, and guide availability around your preferred dates...
- High level of aerobic fitness
- Trekking tramping experience
- Previous high alpine climbing experience not required
Guide ratio and objectives:
- Private Instruction has a low guide/participant ratio - a maximum of 1 guide to 4 participants.
- Every PI trip is tailored to your objectives and experience. The ratio is lowered to 1:3 or 1:2 ratio for more "serious" missions.