Helicamp | 4-5 day touring, Mount Cook Region
Leave the rope and harness behind on Alpine Guides Helicamps. Explore the fantastic back country terrain of the Liebig Range at Mount Cook, usually only accessible with Wilderness Heliskiing.
Light-weight touring in exclusive big mountain terrain
Helicamps are camping and ski/snowboard touring with light packs. We helicopter in and out from our base site of choice, maximing touring time, and going light on weight.
Campsites are cozy expedition-style tent camps, backed up with snowcaves. The campsite locations are stunning high-altitude ridge crests. Wake to fiery sunrises before skiing/riding untamed big mountain terrain - usually only visited by heliskiers.
The Liebig Range - Mount Cook Region.
The Liebig Range sits just east of Mount Cook and the Main Divide.The Liebigs feature extensive valley systems, with mellow to steep runs across all aspects. They offer great options for touring in nearly all weather and snow conditions.
Join a scheduled tour - or arrange a private Helicamp
- Scheduled Helicamps are ideal for individuals to join. They run to set dates through September and October. Scheduled Helicamps are for skiers only.
- Private Helicamps are perfect for 2 or more, skiers, snowboarders or mixed groups. We arrange private Helicamps based on your preferred dates. Advance bookings are essential.
Helicamp season: September thru mid-October
Helicamps operate in spring. Spring touring offers:
- Longer daylight hours, for extended touring
- Better snow cover
- Better snow stability
- High level of aerobic fitness
- Strong-intermediate (or better) skier/snowboarders
AGL Skill Check
Trip Type: Ski Touring
Length: 4 or 5 days
Max Guide/Participant Ratio: 1:4
Maximum of 4 participants
Option1: Join a scheduled Helicamp
Price NZ$2,190 per person
2013 Scheduled Helicamp Dates
For skiers only
Option 2: arrange a Private Helicamp
Skiers, snowboarders, or mixed groups.
|Group Size||4 days||5 days|
All prices are per-person, in New Zealand Dollars
Cost (private and scheduled) Includes:
- All meals and snacks
- Local transport
- Local accommodation and camping
- Helicopter flights in/out
- Free use of some technical gear
- Alpine Guides Technical Manual ›
- 1 day weather contingency