Private Instruction | Summer
Alpine Guides Private Instruction package offers tailored group mountaineering instruction and guiding. We can look after any group of friends, or professional team that need a specialised alpine training program.
Guiding or "Instruction" - it's your trip
Because the PI package is your trip, we won't bore experienced alpinists with too much technical instruction. If it's a peak bagging mission you want, that's what you'll get.
We look after people of all backgrounds - from high school students to hardcore military teams, and clubs training for himalayan objectives.
- High level of aerobic fitness
- Trekking tramping experience
- Previous high alpine climbing experience not required
Guide ratio and objectives:
Private Instruction has a low guide/participant ratio - a maximum of 1 guide to 4 participants.
Every PI trip is tailored to your objectives and experience. The ratio is lowered to 1:3 or 1:2 ratio for more "serious" missions.
AGL Skill Check
Season: Summer (November- April)
Trip Type: Summer Guiding
Length: 6+ days
Maximum Guide/Participant Ratio: 1:4
Prices - Summer 2013/14
Prices are per-person, in NZ Dollars.
- All meals and snacks
- Aircraft access
- Free use of a range of technical gear
- Alpine Guides Technical Manual ›
Scheduling and Booking
- The start date is privately arranged - to suit your travel plans
- Advance bookings are essential