Arrowsmith Range Ski Touring
The Arrowsmith Range Ski Tour is a great introduction to multi-day high alpine ski touring. This is the only organised ski touring activity in the fantastic Arrowsmith Range of New Zealand's Canterbury high country.
Explore the Arrowsmith Range over 4 days
The 4-day Arrowsmith tours operate out of our Methven Heliskiing office. The mountain base is Cameron Hut, situated beneath the peak of Mount Arrowsmith
Privately Guided Tours - 01 July to 30 September
Arrowsmith Tours are privately arranged from 01 July to 30 September. Contact us with your preferred dates and we will provide a guide (subject to guide availability).
Methven Heliskiing helicopters provide transport in and out of the mountains. This means you can tour each day with the luxury of a light backpack.
Some Technical Instruction
We will include some basic instruction, if required. Topics can include:
- Uphill skinning technique
- Avalanche transceiver searches
- Route selection, and assessing avalanche terrain
- A good level of aerobic fitness
- Strong-intermediate (or better) skiing ability
- Previous ski touring experience not required